OB breeding advice

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'd like some info on breeding OB peacocks. I assume it's the same as other peacocks.

I'll be getting a male that is 6" and 2 females 3-4". Is this a good enough ratio or would it be better to get more females.

They will be in my 55 gallon that will be set up like the picture below. I would like to also get a couple BN plecos.

I'm curious aswell as that 2 of the OBs are coming from some one and then the other female from another person. The one female I'm getting is holding right now. Is this okay to put her in with the others? I don't have space for fry right now so I'm okay if she spits them and they get eaten right now.

Anyways. That's all the info. I'd love to get some more information on breeding them though. Thanks.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1389732721.178999.jpg

GVerde

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2011
Chicago
I would have at least 3 females and a couple more if possible. You can put the holding female with everyone but keep an eye on her so she doesn't get harassed or beat up. If she is getting beat up you can buy Lee's Breeding Net or equivalent. I have a couple of them and they work good for fry and holding mothers.

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Okay. Well I do have an egg crate divider as well as a breeding net and floating trap I could use for a couple fry if I want to keep any.

Also, what is the smallest the females should be for a 6" male. I don't want them to small and get beaten up. Because I can't get a couple for a decent price at 2-3"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Also. What is a hood price for obs I know they are a Lil more expensive than regular peacocks.

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Really? I've seen some of the really nice big males for up to $60

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Yes, on less than $10. In fact, about $4 at PetCo/PetsMart and you can pick out real nice ones.

You need more rockwork for the (females) to dart in and out of.

mahsfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Yes, on less than $10. In fact, about $4 at PetCo/PetsMart and you can pick out real nice ones.

You need more rockwork for the (females) to dart in and out of.
I'm planning on redecorating it. But I'll be getting a hopefully 135 in the next 8 or so month after I move. It will for sure be 75 gal or larger. I was thinking of waiting till then to get all the rock work and stuff. Is it okay if I just heavily plant with plastic plants and throw in some extra decode pieces I have?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store