When you're dumb you suffer... MUST READ!

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
I am so dumb! I Just got my new black sand am I did tons of work to get it prepped and in the tank. Everything was going great and I was filing the tank when for the second time in 2 months, I spray cold water on my heater that I forgot to turn off. It popped. Now I have to buy a new one. I finishes filing and sat back to see how everything looked. Everything went perfectly and looked great until I realized something was missing. My favorite Oscar was missing. I checked every nook and cranny and couldn't find him. I frantically started sifting through the sand I just put in and luckily dig him up. He was probably buried for 5-8 minutes! Once free from the sand he shot up to the top of the tank and slammed into the glass lid. But then swam to the bottom where he now is sitting. He's breathing slowly and heavily and leaning on the driftwood. It doesn't look like he's gonna make it. My lesson was learned the hard way. Don't make the same mistake people!

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hope he pulls through.

Wesley M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
St. George, Utah USA
I hope so too. He's doing a little better. He swims to the top of the tank and then sinks back down. He is about 3.5 inches long. Yes my fish is suffering more than I am. But I'd he died then I will have to deal with the loss and on top of that it's on my hands so I'm suffering too. My fish are my pets. Just like a dog or a cat, so I care for them greatly. Plus this oscar was my favorite fish. He only liked me. If somebody else was in the room he would hide but if it was me he would freak out with excitement. And he follows me around the room. Well to the confines of the tank.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
TO OP, i hope your oscar pulls through... Since jesus has come up in this thread i will PREY for him :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store