Need help with a danio.

crazyk213

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2013
Schwenksville, PA
My son has a 10 gallon tank with a few tropical community fish. Water test looks fine, I do all his maintenance when I do my 2 big tanks. Anyway, he has one glow light danio the seems to be bending or something. His tail is like bent up is a weird way. Any ideas a of what may cause this or if it is repairable?

Sent from my ADR930L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
I have a white cloud with bent up tail.it was a birth defect.if your fish was smaller when you got it, it could be just showing up now as it grows.my fish seems fine not sick but just looks different

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
it's a spinal problem of some sort. there's nothing to be done, but that doesn't mean it can't live out it's life just fine like that.
I had a guppie female that bent into kind of a U shape after giving birth. she lived fine for another 2 years like that. it also made her more interesting as she liked to "land" on leaves and wood to rest. she was kind of like a helicopter with the other guppies more like planes.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I have a 75g glo tank full of glo fish, danios, barbs, cards, blood tail tetras, 36 fish in all. can you post just what your water perams are and temp you run the tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store