Who loves carp fishing?

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
If you guys haven't fished for carp then your missing out! I advise you to try it and I could share some tips to help you hook up!

Some of my more or less recent catches but I haven't been out fishing in a while :(.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Alot of people like the flavor of the meat. I just shoot them with my bow mostly. I will go get some on ultra lights were I can't shoot them. Bowfishing is my main sport now. That and muskie fishing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Carp.jpg

This was an accident bass fishing. Yes they are good fighters.

Carp.jpg

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
These hogs make a great fighter when it comes to the pole fishing. Thank god for these catfish that put up a great fight and tastes great. But I enjoyed killing these carps via spearing and bowfishing. In my job I am required to kill every carp that was caught in the gill nets and the trap nets.

To be honest, they don't even makes a good smoked fish. :yuck: Don't know anyone that would eat them.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
I like carp fishing just fine...

Why would you want to keep those?!?
I catch and release carp just held on to them for some pictures and my friend was thinking about putting it in his tank haha. But nice catch the slender heads are pretty rare now days.

I heard its hard to get carp to bite. I know we have then around me just never tried to fish for them. They are good fights aren't they?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I catch about 5 carp in a two hour period. You just have to chum and have a good strong leader 30lbs+. Fish up close like 10 feet max they coast up to the shore looking for food.

yeah they are skittish but when you hook one, it's a better fight than any bass or pike
They are a great fight!
View attachment 981042

This was an accident bass fishing. Yes they are good fighters.
What a fatty!

Where do you go fishing
Just my local reservoir! I'm sure your local lakes have a abundant amount of carp.

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
These hogs make a great fighter when it comes to the pole fishing. Thank god for these catfish that put up a great fight and tastes great. But I enjoyed killing these carps via spearing and bowfishing. In my job I am required to kill every carp that was caught in the gill nets and the trap nets.

To be honest, they don't even makes a good smoked fish. :yuck: Don't know anyone that would eat them.
Yea I tried it once and I disliked it. Vowed never to eat carp again. To me there just a great sports fish. Trout and walleye are for eating carps are for a good fight!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store