Disappointed with liveaquaria ordering... bait and switch bastards!

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
They have done this 3 times in a row to me... I place an order based on them showing clown loaches available and they never deliver on them. Starting to think that they're using the loaches just to get orders...

Anyone else have this happen? Planning on complaining... would love some extra ammo.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Three times? After the first unresolved issue they would have lost my business. If they did not make good with an offer to ship out what I ordered or offer free shipping or something I would be contacting my credit card company about the issue and have the charges reversed.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Agreed,I stick with the members/vendors here pretty much.

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
It might be just a coincidence, its why I'm asking if anyone else had this issue with them...

This is what they say everytime:

Thank you for your order with Drs. Foster and Smith?s LiveAquaria. We apologize that we were unable to ship your complete order. The order shipments depend on what we have available at our holding facility and the health of the specimens. Our holding facility does receive daily shipments from the divers, so the stock can change regularly. We have kept your order open over the two weeks as specified on our back order policy. We will continue to hold you order open until 1/16. However, if the back order has not shipped by that date it will be cancelled.

We apologize, but we are unable to give you a specific date as to when we will have the specimen on your order in stock. If you would like to place a substitution order you may contact our LiveAquaria Department. In order for the change to be made, please contact us prior to 9:00 am CST on the date you would like the change to take effect. We will contact you via email once your order has been shipped.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. If we can be of any additional assistance, feel free to contact our LiveAquaria Department at 1-800-334-3699 or via email at customerservice@liveaquaria.com and we will be happy to answer any question(s) you may have. We hope that you find this information beneficial. We employ some of the best people in the industry and want to be your source for all of your aquatic needs. Drs. Foster and Smith. You will also find over 1500 articles full of helpful information on our Pet Education website! Browse by species or topic. Your questions may already be answered there.
http://www.peteducation.com

Sincerely,

Drs. Foster & Smith
LiveAquaria.com
gjs

altumz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2012
earf
no personal experience with them but from other peoples feed backs its 50/50. but i personally never buy from vendors that dont show me actual pics of the fish ill be buying and not just a stock photo.

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Yeah, I don't think I'll ever order from them again based on this. Each time it was the loaches that I specifically wanted so when they showed available, I order a bunch of them, plus enough other fish to get free shipping... so over $250.00 and then never get what I really want. Sucks.

It reeks of a ploy to get orders knowing people will fluff up the order for the free shipping, then yank the high demand item and ship the fluff order and just follow up with some lame cookie cutter apology.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store