129g Stocking

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
Hello. I was wondering if this stocking would be okay in a 129g (72"x18"x23").
I realize this is likely viewed as a 125g but when entering the dimensions into a volume calculator it results in 129g and I can't bring myself to write it lower than that in case it matters somehow.

Anyways..

1x Black Ghost Knife
1x Leopard Ctenopoma
1x Angelfish
1x Delhezi Bichir
1x Palmas Palmas Bichir
1x Palmas Beuttikoferi Bichir
1x Striped Peacock Eel
12x Rosy Barbs

Thoughts greatly appreciated, thank you. :)

rust9000

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Cumbria, UK
Birchirs will eat the Rosie's in no time at all buddy sorry

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
Even with the barbs being full grown (6") and adding the bichirs as juveniles?

Thank you for responding btw! ^_^

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
That's the fish, and I have been hunting around online as best I can to find out their max size. I've heard anything from 3-6", never heard anything less than 3" though.

I'm not sure if my LFS will get them at 6", but they are available in "Large", though no idea what that size would be in inches.
I have someone there working on a list of prices and the sizes they mean for each fish, like what size "large" ones would come in at.

The bichirs won't be added until the tank has been up for a bit to allow the other fish time to grow.

I have a schooling fish thread HERE if you have any more ideas for me on the schooling fish. Or you can post your ideas for that here, just the point of linking the thread is to show ones that I've already been suggested and my concerns with them.

Am not trying to argue that the rosies won't get eaten as I've never had a bichir, and that is the purpose of that thread is to try and find something that won't get eaten & that will fit with us.

Other than the schoolers, does the stocking look okay?

Thank you so much again :) I'm really happy to have responses.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Instead of the Rosy Barbs maybe 3 Spotted Silver Dollar's:). As far as the Black Ghost the water will have to kept in optimal conditions.

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
I don't want silver dollars as the tank will be planted. Thank you though.

Optimal being? I don't mean that in a rude way, just checking if there is anything other than the tank being cycled and having weekly water changes done. I do a minimum of 25% usually, and I plan on 25% while the fish are very small. As they grow it will increase to 50%. Will that be enough or do I need to do more?

I have THIS thread that covers multiple questions I have with the tank. I've made this one as was advised to post about the questions separately. :) In case ya'll want to look at it.

Thanks again for the responses!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store