pier aquatics

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
my kids are interested in fish so we had a little tour today and whilst we visited several shops i think we liked pier (UK) ( http://pieraquatics.com ) the most.

the staff were friendly and i particularly liked that the lovely lady who was helping us took the time to get a particular guppy in a tank full of yellow guppys that even i wouldnt have done (and i dont think she should have done really either).

we unfortunately missed the last ray in the shop ( that was on display at least ) but the veriety is second to none. lovely to see fish ive not seen before even after so long in the hobby.

i got all the fish i wanted and was nice to see the owner of the shop actually in the shop and on the shop floor available to give help / adivce if needed and of course nice to see the cat who sleeps in the most unusual of public places (it was sleeping on top of an empty display fishtank near the door when we were there lol :) .

had a great visit as did my children and i just wanted to give them a shout and i look forward to visiting again :)

steve_b

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2009
Staffordshire, UK
Ive only been once a couple of years ago. I went for a black arowana and ended up coming home with an azul bass and hentilla ray also.

I was speaking to Neil while I was there and he was kind enough to take me to see the parents of the hentillas and his fantastic collection of black rays that are all in the back if the shop.

Great selection of fish and friendly staff

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Looks like I'll be having a trip west at some point.... the north east barely has any decent lfs... the one in walking distance from mine is good for snakeheads and cichlids but that's it...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store