SCUBA Diving (any one else love it)

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
There is not any where good I can think of to put this thread as of now so putting it here. Anyone else love to dive, if so share whatever you want about it here such as biggest fish you've seen underwater, favorite dive site, deepest you've gone, etc. Feel free to contribute.

As for me personally, I am a big freshwater and cold water diving and quarries are my style.

Biggest fish I've seen was a 4 and a half foot Paddlefish in open water. The bottom was 120 feet and I was at about 20.
My favorite dive site is Gilboa Quarry in Ohio. Like I said, big fresh and coldwater diver and love the bus wreck there. If you've been there you know why I love it.
The deepest I've gone (so far) is 70 feet and that was in Summersville Lake.
Coldest water I have been in was 46 F at Gilboa Quarry (remember to ALWAYS wear a hood in colder quarries, I found out the hard way)

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
You should get certified it's not too difficult. I'm getting certified as rescue diver this year which is much harder but open water is not much of a challenge.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I haven't been in about 10 years. Not that I don't want to, but I don't have a dive buddy. Though, I would like to go again.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
All my dives have been warm water tropical ones, Mexico and Jamaica. I love it and want to go again. I'm always fascinated by watching rays in their natural habitat but the most impressive thing I've seen was a school of 200+ barracuda.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

just3542

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
North Haledon, New Jersey
I've never been diving before, but I will be getting my SCUBA certification most likely this summer. I'm pretty excited to learn how, and having my certification early on will hopefully help me land a job in the field I want to work in in the future.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've only ever been snorkelling of the barrier reef east coat Australia that was amazing probably a once in a lifetime experience for me im indo glad I did it :)

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Diving is amazing :) went with school to Malaysia (tioman island), saw turtles (released baby turtles as well) a huge eel (is it conger eel?) Blue spot rays, a little cute thing that played in my bcd (has to be the highlight) and just as we got out, a group saw a baby whale shark *grump*... am only open water certified and haven't been for ages (too expensive and no buddy) but to anyone thinking of getting certified, it's incredible

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
I enjoy diving anywhere as long as the visibility is 10 feet or better. Beyond that its not much fun. Thinking of getting into rescue/recovery diving for work.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, I can understand why some don't like quarry diving what with the possibility of low vis down to even 5- ft. but most of the time it is about 15 feet visibility where I dive. Now I personally would be happy diving in anything down to 3 feet visibility (as long as there are fish to watch) and temps down to the lower 40's. But again, just me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store