OUR NEW BABY :)

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Owner told us she was 6 weeks but is obviously 4ish, after we met her and the conditions she was in I had to get her. She is a German Shepard/Boxer mix whom is absolutely precious and needs some work (good nutrition/vet/shots/dewormed) but will be fine!

We have yet to name her, any ideas? Her right eye is blue.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
Very cute!
how about Peanut?

acea091489

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2008
East Coast
Awww. What a little princess. : )

My sister & I have two boxer mix puppies & when we first got them (8.5 week) their eyes were blue too.
Around 10 weeks of age, their eyes turned brown and even at 6 months now, their coats & eye color are still changing.​

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Awwwww! Looks like someone's going to be a very spoiled baby :)
I wouldn't have been able to walk away from that face either! She's adorable.
Best wishes!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Thanks guys! Well apparently my GF is a hard name pleas(er) so after hours of deliberation I muttered 'mocha' ( what i was drinking at the time) and that's what we settled on but now that I think of it "cocoa' is kind of cool.

She's definitely playful

Past 18 hours Ive been on standby making sure she eats and poo. She's really ate a lot since she's been here but you couldn't tell she was so skinny.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Cocoa is a great name! What vitamins and nutritional supplements is she getting? If you think she's 4 weeks old, that's really young to be weaned and away from her mom, even with less than ideal conditions.

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
She's adorable, but looks way too young to be away from her mother. You might want to check into formulas that you should be feeding her to make sure she gets all the proper nutrients. I think Pacu Mom is a vet, she might be worth asking for advice.

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
It sounds like you rescued a tiny puppy from awful conditions and I'm sure you're going to do everything you can to help her get well :) Kudos to you!

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
she's a cutie.
looks wormie. get her on an ideal puppy diet & she should flourish.

Pacu Mom is a dental tech, not vet ;-) (unless she has a 2nd vocation which I am unaware of)

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Cocoa is a great name! What vitamins and nutritional supplements is she getting? If you think she's 4 weeks old, that's really young to be weaned and away from her mom, even with less than ideal conditions.
One of the best organic puppy kibbles mixed with water and microwaved to warm then a 1/2 tspn of doggy milk powder mixed in and left for 5 minutes to soften... she absolutely laps it up like she's starving but that's breakfest, a few more similar meals minus the milk throughout the rest of the day and a few cooked green beans mixed in for dinner is helping!

Her staple puppy chow is exceptionally nutritious/organic/hollistic so I'm hoping for the best! Also an oatmeal flee, tick, larvae etc bath was given today to make sure cleanliness is 100%!

She's adorable, but looks way too young to be away from her mother. You might want to check into formulas that you should be feeding her to make sure she gets all the proper nutrients. I think Pacu Mom is a vet, she might be worth asking for advice.
Yea she's on a formula of puppy milk mixed with warm and moist puppy kibbles in the AM.

It sounds like you rescued a tiny puppy from awful conditions and I'm sure you're going to do everything you can to help her get well :) Kudos to you!

Thanks LS! I noticed they were sleeping in the garage and her being the smallest was likely to passive or weak to not eat enough food :(

she's a cutie.
looks wormie. get her on an ideal puppy diet & she should flourish.

Yea they say like 95% of pups have some kind of worm hence 'puppy breath!' :D

Pacu Mom is a dental tech, not vet ;-) (unless she has a 2nd vocation which I am unaware of)
I could use a dental tech too!

Its hard to leave her alone due to her emancipation and unknown parasites or worse (god no!) So playing, eating and potty are #1! Right now this is a full time job but zero complaints! Appt at VET tomorrow, praying for just a check up and shots! Pray nothing is serious, I have the means to take of her if she's sick but I may not have the means to take care of my other pets and myself if it came down to it but no question its the animals first. I can take weekly showers and eat cheap if need be!

Let you guys know results tomorrow evening! BTW as I was leaving the 'breeders/owners' gave me a can of OLD ROY canned food, saying that's what they eat..... :/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store