Anybody have a freshwater saw fish?

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Oddball I believe had one, I know I read that he paid loads of money for one that came DOA.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I dont think a saw fish should be anywhere near an aquarium... cruel stuff..
Why not? The dwarf FW sawfish grows to an average 48". Very doable in my (and lots of other's) tanks.

Yeah. I ordered one back in the 80s for $16K and it arrived DOA. Haven't been able to find another since. Now that all the FW saws are on the endangered list I'll likely never see one outside a public aquarium.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
I've kept Green sawfish (Pristis zijsron). We had the first male/female pair in the US. I know a few people who work with FW sawfish (Pristis microdon) - but all are in brackish or full SW.

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Little off topic but I was at Shed last week and they had there freshwater sawfish exhibit shut down. Was disappointed.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Macenzi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
Statesboro
Why not? The dwarf FW sawfish grows to an average 48". Very doable in my (and lots of other's) tanks.

Yeah. I ordered one back in the 80s for $16K and it arrived DOA. Haven't been able to find another since. Now that all the FW saws are on the endangered list I'll likely never see one outside a public aquarium.
Did you get a refund ? ???

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
No. The stipulation of the sale was no arrival guarantee. The loss wasn't the seller's fault. The airline cut the power cord to the shipping bin pump/filter/aerator. The sawfish was $10K. The rest was for the insulated transport bin/system, shipping, permits, and customs/inport fees.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store