Jeff Rapps Teugelsi Growout Contest

Bichisaur

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2009
Maryland
Aw3s0m3 gave me an idea seeing there's a few of us who just got a new baby F1 teugelsi from jeff rapps. I think this is a good time to start a thread and compare our growouts since we're all starting at 2.5"-3" from the same batch.

Post your starting pics (Would be nice on the same day you got them) and update them every month.

Post the foods you're feeding them, water change schedules, and anything special you're doing to help them grow.

This would give us a good idea about the different factors that can affect their growths.

I'm starting with my 3 babies on the day I got them 1/15/14

I'm feeding NLS exclusively with water change of 10% everyday

DSCN4499.JPG

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I was gonna start one of these soon too! Great idea man!

Water change schedule: 30% every other day, sometimes everyday if i see a good amount of detritus (i have OCD about keeping my tanks clean and nitrates low). I also run a huge pothos bush which helps immensly to keep growth-inhibiting nitrates low

Feeding schedule: 2 feedings daily, one day feeding of straight hikari sinking carnivore pellet. Another evening round of a mix of frozen krill, bloodworm, hikari pellet, chopped up red worm, tilapia, catfish basically whatever i have around is added to the mix, variation is key as they say

Tuesday January 14th pic (i got 2, the other smaller one hides a lot)
uploadfromtaptalk1390464546484.jpg

Some other pictures i have snapped since
uploadfromtaptalk1390464619795.jpg
Finally got a pic of both of em eating
uploadfromtaptalk1390464651965.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1390464703251.jpg
Can you spy the poly? Lol
uploadfromtaptalk1390464735964.jpg

Cant wait to see all these little teugs progress! Fingers crossed for us all to get them to 24 inch! :beer::D:beer:

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Haha you're welcome for the idea!
I only got 1 and the polys he's with are much bigger so i have to over feed the tank just to make sure it gets some.

Got him yesterday 1/21 and is about 3".

NLS pellets twice a day, tilapia every night
50% wc every other day
Live anubias to help with nitrates, sponge filter for extra BB and a nano koralia for current, mainly for the gatf but maybe extra flow helps with growth as well.

Good luck everyone! Let's see some beasts at the end of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1390468087.770602.jpg

archers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2012
canada
Good luck with yours, hope you have better luck than i did.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
What happened to yours?

Hey awesome my albino about the size of yours tried eating one of them soon as i put them in. Had to move him to the main tank. Almost ate my a. Stalsbergi too haha.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
What happened to yours?

Hey awesome my albino about the size of yours tried eating one of them soon as i put them in. Had to move him to the main tank. Almost ate my a. Stalsbergi too haha.
Really? Damnit! I can't do anything about it. I can't move the bigger ones into the 40 cuz they'll get eaten by the goonches and I can't set up another tank cuz I have no room. I just gotta keep everything well fed. I'm just worried cuz the albino sen is actually the smallest if the 3 that are already in there

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Oh boy haha I'd get a mesh divider then, idk why but all my Senegal's have been very nippy and go after tank mates they think they can eat. Even if they can't and are well fed. I don't think he would have been able to eat the teug but he went after the smaller one nipping at him for more then a few seconds which usually means GET IN MAH BELLAY. If your albino is more mellow then mine you'll be fine

If there are any baby lower jaws in there it would be those I'd worry about

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Ya. I just remembered I have one of those in tank breeder net things so I'm gonna put him in there. It is with a baby LJ, a black volta, and that was the one I'm most worried about but so far I see no aggression.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
^ nice!

Dat photo bomb- my 2 are being quite the piggys, for sure have beefed up a bit already!

uploadfromtaptalk1390724624290.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1390724847937.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store