Aquatop CF400-UV

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Anyone out there use this canister filter? I know it's not the best out there, but at that price and having built-in UV, can you go wrong?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fish squish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
United States
I have the larger version made by SunSun, for the price - can't complain. They usually don't come with enough media, so look into getting a bit extra. I think I prefer my Odyseaa Canisters but the sunsuns are a great deal too. Mine is "535 gph" and it cost me about 100 shipped with 1.5 KG of ceramic rings, extra floss and sponge pads. Look on Ebay, better deals for canisters - generally.

almost_hurley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2012
california
I got the aquatop cf 500 and 400. For over 2 years they work perfect there really quiet. I havent had any problems. I also bought the DF 300 canister filter. From the truaqua website i got a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
I got one from Beverlys pet center in Hollywood on Black Friday for a little more than $50. The media is sparse but it is DEAD quiet. I should've purchased a few more for emergency spares. I like it so far.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Thanks for the input guys! Some of the reviews on amazon or video reviews on YouTube don't say too much and don't seem to cover a long period of time. How is the water quality for all you? Do any of you run other filters along with the aquatop? I plan to keep my sump going, but I needed something strong enough so I can clean my sump real good while having filtration still going.

jechrz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Currently, i'm running my CF400 with an FX5. It's quiet but I'm not a fan of the manual priming and the bio media balls that came with it. Spacing is average and outflow is ok but other than the built-in UV, just another average canister filter. Careful on the UV light too as if the UV container is not tightened properly, it could break the UV (based on experience). Although if you're using it as a filler during maintenance, then yes, should be good enough for that purpose.

Armand

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2009
Mexico City.
www.piranha-fury.com
I have two CF400 and they do it well I have no complain and they have been running in my tanks for nearly a year so far.

Cheers.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
I just bought my cf400uv today from my neighborhood pet store. I'll update on its performance in a couple of weeks.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Btw, how often are you guys changing the UV bulb? I was told it should be changed every 6 months.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Premature Update: filter installed, I love how easy it was to set-up, love how quiet it runs, tank noticeably cleaner, I'm gonna tear down my sump tomorrow to clean it out. Only thing I didnt like though was the less-than-stellar intake and return fittings, would have liked to see better-made pieces. I did hear this was a common complaint, but I could always find better pieces to incorporate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store