Size for overflow.

Tiretrackeel lover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2012
Westminster co
Hello I. Am building a overflow for my 75 gallon aquarium and was wondering what size of PVC I should use. I already have my canister filter ready to go just waiting for a overflow. Also, does anyone have any plans or tutorials? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zukiGS500

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Mke
I don't think I've ever seen a canister filter used with an overflow. What exactly are you trying to do?

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Should have an intake tube and an output tube. You cannot run a canister on an overflow unless you spend every moment of every day adjusting as the flow changes

zukiGS500

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Mke
Canisters should come with some hard plastic intake and output tubing. Usually with a barbed end to attach a rubber hose to. Most small to medium sized canister filters use between a 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch inner diameter tubing.

17650_w-parts-03.jpg

And just to make sure you are not getting things confused. This is an overflow.
View attachment 983073

17650_w-parts-03.jpg

brucecost

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2012
chicago
On you tube, a guy named Joey had tutorials on how to build, They are quite and reliable, in fact I am in the process of changing all my expensive ones to these!

sgibby88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2014
south jersey
He also has a forum diyfishkeeper which has step by step instructions on the stuff he built in his youtube videos. He has some good cheap ideas that will definitely save quite a few bucks

Sent from my SPH-L720 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
If you're looking for the tubes that Zuki posted, that's easy to acquire.

First, figure out EXACTLY what type and model of canister you have. Then, tell us. We can work with you to help you figure out what you need. Pics would be helpful.

Once we figure it out, we can direct you elsewhere to buy them. I buy all sorts of miscellaneous odds and ends from Amazon for my filters. Stuff like tubing and intakes. I'm sure we can find the factory part that does exactly what you need it to. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store