Planning for future tank

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
So... once I have money and space I'm planning on getting a big marine tank...
Would this stock list work:

Coral catshark (possibly 1 male 1 female)
Dogface puffer
Picasso trigger
Zebra moray
Various wrasse and little fish

If they would work, what sort of size tank am I looking at? Volume and footprint...

I'm looking now, as going house hunting at some point and want somewhere with space so need to know the space I'll need...

Would a sump with a good protein skimmer be best filtration?

I know all these fish are aggressive,I really want to keep a proper interactive predator tank and fell in love with the sharks when I saw them at the aquarium...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sharkfinsean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2012
Baltimore, MD
I am not to much of an expert with predator tanks but I know with sharks that it is highly recommended that you have at least a 300 gallon aquarium with really fine substrate so the shark's underbelly isn't scratched. Also, I think there may be a problem with the zebra moray and the little fish, make sure the tankmates aren't too small and if you do decide to keep small fish with the moray keep the moray well fed.
Wish you luck!
~Sean

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
ok the sharks need a min of 150 gals. the puffer and trigger can kill the sharks and little fish. the zebra moray is fine with little fish but they eat inverts. so minus the sharks and little fish you should be ok. if you want the sharks go with a 150+ tank with large angelfish and other large aggressive fish but your still taking a chance. buy the biggest tank you can afford if you can do a 200-300 gal go for it. and a protein skimmer is a must hope this helps

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Ok thanks, might end up doing two tanks then and keep the sharks separate. Would say an 8x3 footprint would be good for the sharks?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
That would be good. you should be ok adding the eel and bigger wrasse. no little fish with them. Also make sure all rock work is stable so they dont knock it over on themselves

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Ok, just got to find a house with the potential for space for it now... and wait for the money to come through... I'm probably going to try and get it built, not sure which will be cheaper out of glass and acrylic though so more research needed I think :-/

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
The good thing about getting it built is alot of the time it is a little cheaper and you can get it exactly how you want it good luck with the house hunt :)

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Thanks :) I've found a few possibilities but this lawsuit is taking waaaay longer than expected so chances of them still being around... still, at least I now know rough dimensions of the fish room I want so can plan around that

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
well its a buyers market so you may get lucky. lawsuit?

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Yea, was quite badly injured in a car accident over a year ago - so suing the driver... given I still have whiplash and psychological issues as well as fibromyalgia diagnosed I doubt it will be a small settlement (offer at 10000 after no follow up medical reports and no psych report)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store