1" Dat growout "contest"

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
Per the discussion between ethnics and rallysman......

Anyone who has recently picked up a 1" dat throw a pic on here and we will see who can get theirs to grow the fastest.

This is just for fun and a good way to watch our dat progression.

I will get it started. Here is my dat, I think that he is just under 1".

I should be getting a couple more this weekend.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
My 6 are comming in on wend. WAIT FOR ME???!!!

Is that an indo btw?

also post what you will be feeding them, and if you are using vita

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
let me know when you guys are up to 3" and ill throw mine in J/K but should be interesting to watch the progress this gonna be photos every week or every month as dats a very slow growers

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I might be joining this contest soon. I found 1" wide bars!

T

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2004
Fish Island
ill post pics later. im at my girlfriends house. but the dats actually dont grow that slow at this size. i saw about half an inch growth withitn the 2 weeks.

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
count my 2 dats in, i have a pair of indos, 1 is about 1" and the other is about 3/4". im feeding blood worms, brine shrimp, market shrimp, and freeze dried plankton. here's a pic of the bigger one... i wanna get another one maybe today.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
milkman407;707875; said:
My 6 are comming in on wend. WAIT FOR ME???!!!

Is that an indo btw?

also post what you will be feeding them, and if you are using vita
I am guessing that it is an indo. Just throw some pics up here when you get yours in.

Nic;707892; said:
let me know when you guys are up to 3" and ill throw mine in J/K but should be interesting to watch the progress this gonna be photos every week or every month as dats a very slow growers
I will try and get pics up as often as I can, which will probably be about once every 2 to 3 weeks.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I cant get bloodworms around here, Do you think at that size they will eat freeze dried blood worms? or should i just cut up peices of shrimp?

ethnics

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
SouthEast SD
they should eat whatever they show interest in. so far i noticed they are not afraid to try new food. mine are devouring freeze dried plankton at the moment which i got at my lfs for pretty cheap. they dont even eat that many blood worms. they seem to show more interest in shrimp looking/tasting items.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store