Tanks upstairs

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
In theory, would a 160l tank be ok in a first floor flat? In trying to decide if it's even worth going to look at this place or not and I'm worried about the tank. I think it would be fine, but with sand etc, it's going to weigh about 200kg which worries me... anyone have any experience?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fish squish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
United States
My 150G is upstairs, hasn't fell through the floor yet :) With larger tanks you'll want to consider the structure of your home, but you could probably put that right in the middle of a room without problems!

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
Haha ok thanks... I thought that much, but after my bfs parents went skitz about him having my 100l upstairs I was worried. I mean I guess some people weigh more than those tanks and can't really ban people from being upstairs... The tanks I want eventually I think I'll need to have concrete down, what sort of size do you have to start thinking about support then?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
I was worried about a 240l tank upstairs but its been fine so ive put another 96l tank in the same room. The 240l is also only on two joists at the most!

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Haha ok thanks... I thought that much, but after my bfs parents went skitz about him having my 100l upstairs I was worried. I mean I guess some people weigh more than those tanks and can't really ban people from being upstairs... The tanks I want eventually I think I'll need to have concrete down, what sort of size do you have to start thinking about support then?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
About 120 US gallons you should start considering putting braces... Keep this in mind, my 210 gallon cracked the concrete floor in my basement when i was test filling it in the middle of the room...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store