danger of Pups touching Air

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
after posting in the sticky part which no one answered i'll try to post here then..
hey now i have read all... why this isn't mentioned?? why can't the pups touch air when after born few hours later?? i'm not sure if my pups ever out of water when transfered but why can't they be out of water?? i have 3 batches of rays and i have never lost a pup by out of water after birth but i have lost pups due to over feeding which fouled the water....

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
It says they CANT?

I think it means that its not recommended because it can stress them at a very vulnerable time

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Crisroom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
USA
It's always best to pull the pups from your main tank asap to prevent any damage from the adults. You won't have any problems if you pull them fast and transfer them.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
i dont think its a case of they cant. but more a case of keeping stress to a minimum.

you might not think twice about moving a £3 guppy with a net out of the water but a ray thats worth xxx more most people wouldnt want to risk the additional stress.

if you consider the measures people go to for salt fish then you get an idea.

if its expensive you make more effort. and tbh this is the reason imo that the cheaper rays dont always live.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
after posting in the sticky part which no one answered i'll try to post here then..
hey now i have read all... why this isn't mentioned?? why can't the pups touch air when after born few hours later?? i'm not sure if my pups ever out of water when transfered but why can't they be out of water?? i have 3 batches of rays and i have never lost a pup by out of water after birth but i have lost pups due to over feeding which fouled the water....
Well this air thing isn't true and if it's in the sticky it should be removed

I have never lost a pup and normally remove them from the main tank as soon as they are born

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store