Plant problem

s010245

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
Philadelphia
I started my first planted tank a few weeks ago. It is a 20g long with 10 exodons in it. I made the mistake of buying only 1 20 lb. bag of plant substrate. There is only about 1.5 in of substrate. I will get more soon.
One of the plants, i think its name has the word lemon in it, it's really weird lately. Some of the branches are completely turning brown and dying, but some are bright green and thriving. Is the plant dying becuase of not enough substrate, or is some kind of algae taking ove the plant? Here are a few pics. Its cloudy because i just did a wayerchanges.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
That wisteria is very leggy, there should be leaves down the stems, also it is a very hearty plant that grows like a weed! I grow some floated and it thrives.

So I'm afraid to say its more then just your substrate depth which you can fix with a top layer of pfs or course gravel and even mix it. There's enough fish in there to create adequate co2 and food for plants so that leaves 1 factor, LIGHTING!

I know you have an old thread on this but what kind of bulb/s are you using, how many Watts, color temp (K), time cycle (photoperiod) and is the tank cycled?

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Well, that plant is water sprite lol It doesn't need anything to grow aside from nutrient and light.
Oops still learning my plants! They do look similar tho. And that was my point, if that isn't growing there's a serious lack in one of the departments!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store