Jardini stopped eating.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Week 3 of not eating. The last meal was about 15 small gold fish. He left about 8 and started acting funny for one week.. Kind of like he was sick/blind. Wasn't reacting to anyone. As of last week he has improved but wont eat his normal smelt diet. He acts like hes hungry but when the food enters the take he doesn't take it. The remaining gold fish are still in my tank swimming around like they are no longer afraid of the aro. This part i think might be the problem cuz now the gold fish will "clean up" the smelt. I'm running out of idea's. He not taken pellets or shrimp. What should I do?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Try him on worms either earth/ meal , might be worth giving muscles a go also if hes spitting shrimp

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Now hes eating. I added another fish to his tank to test his friendliness. Im guessing it was a HEY! hes eating my food. or something... I see him eating pellets to frozen blood worms, He still passes on the Smelt.. which is a big problem but i have 5 more pounds of them and to hell with figure out how I should cook them to eat.. lol.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Jerk went on strike again.. All he does now is eats on some freeze dried shrimp/krill every few days, the small ones. Some times i can get him to eat one block of freezed dried bloodworm blocks but only one. Should i let him keep eating this small portion or starve him? The small amount he eats is always what around when the Oscar is feeding. There always alot around to eat.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Just keep putting a variety of foods in eventually his natural survival mode will kick in and he'll eat something

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
He does eat. Just in really small amounts is what im scared of. I know i can blow money on fsbw but im not to sure if i should remove the oscar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store