what kind of albino catfish is this???

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
Seems to be a channel cat. How big is your tank? It looks Luke GE has long since outgrown it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Albino Channel catfish, they get big. There is a zoo here in maryland with a giant koi pond full of easily 3 footers that are really tame and let you pet them... (I believe it is the "katoctan" zoo... Probably spelt that wrong.)
Anyways, what is that bruise on its nose?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oddballfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
calgary ab canada
That "bruse" has always been there thats what makes me think other wise but same time ive never seen a channel cat at that angle (a face picture) , he was in my 80 gallon (with my snakehead but got bullied pre good there)I switched him into my 120 gallon (with other catfish and gars seems to be doing great in there) n soon to be in a 350 gallon I got him from a petland of all places Lol they were trying to tell me he was an "albino catfish" n when I ask okay .... what kind of catfish there were dumb af (never buy fish from that dump in my oipinion)

oddballfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
calgary ab canada
So if anyone can tell me why his nose is the way it is cuz I thought channel catfishes had a round nose not a flat one like his?

Sent from my LG-E971 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
So if anyone can tell me why his nose is the way it is cuz I thought channel catfishes had a round nose not a flat one like his?

It is 100% a channel catfish! I do not study nose shapes do I dont know about it being flat. But I DO know it is a channel!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oddballfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
calgary ab canada
Lol okay I was just wondering because ive been trying to find another albino like him my tanks are pairs of oddballs n thus far ive been trying to find another channel cat and a stonefish but if i knew he was a channel cat i would of had one along time ago

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store