Is this driftwood safe?

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
My gf got it for me from her work at a flower shop it looks really nice I soaked it overnight and it didn't leach any brown or anything so I'm jury wondering if it would be safe to go in my tank and if not can I do anything to make it safe

Sent from my M9200 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
Think that may be manzanita. It's used in flower arrangements for weddings and such. Should be safe if there hasn't been anything sprayed on it.

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
Think that may be manzanita. It's used in flower arrangements for weddings and such. Should be safe if there hasn't been anything sprayed on it.
Sweet I thought it was manzanita sweet got it for 4 bucks haha and how would I know if something was sprayed on it?

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
I have no idea, sorry XD
Just I havn't been to any flower shops really and would think they might spray chemicals or something? I'm just paranoid.

Also nice for 4$ :D

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
I have no idea, sorry XD
Just I havn't been to any flower shops really and would think they might spray chemicals or something? I'm just paranoid.

Also nice for 4$ :D
I mean it smells normal and I know sounds weird but has no unusual taste and actually I just found out my gf got t for free haha so even better!

Elbling0

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2013
Silent Hill
If your worried soak it in a tub for a week. Let it dry in the sun for 1-2 days, boil it then put it in the tank, will eradicate anything living on or inside the wood, should also open the wood pores up to help with the sinking :D

thechief

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
the dirty south
I put it in the tank lol I'm pretty sure its okay her boss knew I was using it for fish and she didn't say anything except for how sharp it was

Elbling0

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2013
Silent Hill
I put it in the tank lol I'm pretty sure its okay her boss knew I was using it for fish and she didn't say anything except for how sharp it was

Nice man, also love the fish pictures in your bathtub haha!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store