ATF or Aussie aro?

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Can't decide what to get, I have been wanting an ATF but the ones I've had in the past I have had no luck with and at £100 a pop I don't want to keep making mistakes lol so do I have a last ditch effort with an ATF (either goliath or vittatus) orrrr get an aro (I like jardini/leichardti the most)

what the pros and cons for both from your experiences?

The tank has high flow and a lot of oxygenation and is a 225- the eventual home will be an 8'x4'x3' with the same kind of set up, high flow etc. it will be a large (mostly predatory) community set up so I know the jar would be the main risk.

Current stock is

Giraffe cat approx 10-11"
Motoro 3"disc
TT eel approx 10-12"
Odoe pike 3-4"
10 CL ranging from 2-5"
3 Dantum angels

I plan on adding
Leiarius Pictus/marmoratus
And 1 of the fish in question

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Garshark

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2012
Ohio
Vittatus tiger fish. I think u might have problems with the jardine killing some of your other fish.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Why not both? Also, what problems were you having with ATF's? If they all died from the same problem, I'd get the problem fixed before thinking of trying one out again.

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Why not both? Also, what problems were you having with ATF's? If they all died from the same problem, I'd get the problem fixed before thinking of trying one out again.

Wouldn't that be to much competition for territory? No all different problems lol first 1 just died for an unknown reason, 2nd 1 got eaten by a catfish (really angry with myself for this 1) and 3rd 1 got killed by the tinfoil barbs that I only got as teacher fish! So I definitely won't make any of them mistakes again lol

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Wouldn't that be to much competition for territory? No all different problems lol first 1 just died for an unknown reason, 2nd 1 got eaten by a catfish (really angry with myself for this 1) and 3rd 1 got killed by the tinfoil barbs that I only got as teacher fish! So I definitely won't make any of them mistakes again lol

It depends what size they are. If they're small, you'll have plenty of space in your 225.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Sold your wyckii now dude?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store