What type of ray do i have...?

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Reticulated, not a hystrix. That's a big male too. As for price, I'd say around $150. Is this a fresh, wild caught specimen?

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
It's a nice looking ray. Is it eating?

Rheowe92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Nashua, Nh
Eats me out of house and home man. He eats anything i offer him. Trout worms, blood worms, frozen krill, feeders, anything he takes it.
kind of disappointed i paid 300$ for him thought. I have always tryed keeping reticulated rays when there babys i pickdd up a few for $50 each awile back and they just refused everything even live black worms. They wanted to eat nothing :/ i really want a hyxtris i use to have one befor i moved and i miss my hyxtris alot

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
300 is not a bad price for a nice adult ray. don't feel bad.

Rheowe92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Nashua, Nh
Thanks man. One of my 6 inch motoros died today just siting normal all levels in tank are normal no deth curl nothing every other rays fine and my gar but this guy just siting there dead he was fat and always ate also. Might have been sick when i bought him. Another 150$ down the drain. I hate losing fish

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
whered you purchase it? Nashua pet and aquarium, jays, pets plus, or other??

PS none of the LFS up here in NH are 100% spot on with naming rays, so its very risky when special ordering. But to be honest, who is spot on 100% with all rays. its almost impossible, with todays hybrids.

Im hunting right now for the perfect black aro, and you wouldn't believe how many people try to sell silvers as blacks.. anyway, how bigs your tank?>

Rheowe92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
Nashua, Nh
Nashua pet and aquarium is that family pet and aquarium? They dont carry stingrays or anything large like that. I shop alot at jays but my neighbor owns Pets Plus, so i got all these rays from pets plus. But one of the motoros just passed away no reason at all. Also got my other motoro and now this guy from him. 180 gallon but looking to upgrade to a 200+ galllon might endup tradingn my 125 withcash for a biger setup or building a indoor pond, im looking for a hyxtris and also a arowanna doesnt matter what type really wanted a black but any type thats 6+ inches. Theres gold arowannas on ebay 175$ wich is the same price that a place in chelmsford had a 5-6 inch jardini

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store