tank advice

ColeFishing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Ohio
I recently got rid of a lot of fish due to various reasons(got to big, to aggressive, just boring, etc). That was a few weeks ago and this weekend I got restocked by getting a pair of baby mono peacock bass(1") and an endli bichir(3"). when they are big enough I will add them into my 180 gallon tank with my Florida gar(16.5") and ornate bichir(11"). that means this is what my stock will be in the future:

1x gar
2x mono pbass
1x ornate bichir
1x endli bichir

My filtration is an fx5 and I do about 25 percent water changes on weekends. I was wondering if I could add a few things. I only plan to have this tank for another 2 years or so as I will most likely have to get rid of everything before college. So here is what I want to add and I'm talking about one of the followng not all of them:

1x Silver or Black Arowana
1x false Hystrix stingray
1x Motoro stingray
1x Tigrinus Catfish

So I would like to know your thoughts about adding one of the above fish. If you think it will work given my current tank setup. Also if you have any other ideas I would love to hear them. I would also consider adding more large growing bichirs.

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
That tank will be fully stocked when your current fish grow up. I wouldn't add anything. All the new fish you mentioned get huge too, and will be huge in two years if you did get them. Just hold out on them until you get a bigger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Why do you haveto get rid of your tank before college? Keep it. I don't know about putting a stingray in there though, tank seems kinda small for that. Don't you need a tank that's 3-4 feet wide to keep a ray?

ColeFishing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2012
Ohio
Why do you haveto get rid of your tank before college? Keep it. I don't know about putting a stingray in there though, tank seems kinda small for that. Don't you need a tank that's 3-4 feet wide to keep a ray?
yeah i think so but i've been told the false hystrix ray stay small and i'd end up selling it before it out grew the tank anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store