Breeding 'Channa Andrao' - Need some advice!

Andyjb

Feeder Fish
Jan 28, 2014
Uk
Hi All,

I recently purchased a breeding pair of 'Channa Andrao'.

The pair have been placed into my 180ltr, heavily planted tank with rock cave, bog wood. The substrate consists of dirt capped with fine gravel along with a few indian almond leaves (some rolled up).

The tank has a Juwel internal box filter and a CP2 Fluval circulation jet aimed towards the bottom of the front glass.

Tank mates: Twig catfish, a few siamese algae eaters and oto catfish. (might move them out as they will probably end up as food).

I have looked all over the internet and can only find limited information about the 'Channa Andrao' especially information on breeding.

I am hoping that someone amounst these forums might be able to help me out with some advice, tips or any information that is worth knowing.

I am very keen to get these proven pair of snake heads settled into my tank and fingers crossed get them breeding!

I just want to make sure i am doing everything i can and make sure I'm doing it correctly as I am new to the species and breeding.

Hope you can help!

Many thanks.

Andy :grinno:

ocellatus

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2006
Canada
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but wondering if there were any updates, as I'm trying to get my group of andrao to breed.

O

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store