Planted tanks with true red terror cichlid

RoadRage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2013
NorthWest
I recently added live plant's to my red terror tank, I was worried that they would rip up all my plants. But to my surprise it has not happend. My reason for trying this was my terrors color just wasn't popping, so after throwing in about 5 amazon swords and a bunch of ground cover along with some others and up grading my lighting with a high output led light, their color has become so much more vivid. I'm curious if anyone else has had these results or is it just a coincidence?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
What kind of light did you get? And your substrate? The Current Sat+ and Finnex Monster Ray make a huge difference in their appearance and REALLY make their colors pop on different settings. I'm curious to see what you're using. My Sat+ makes a world if difference with color, but not so much for my plants since my tank is tall. I just added a second light for plants.

Pics please :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

LS2012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2013
Northern NJ
Ok, it makes sense the fish colors are different since the ray2 is soooo bright. I'm not sure what your tank size is, but the par is pretty high for the ray2. And may put you into the higher light range. In case you haven't seen it, here's the data http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189944

Pics please :) I really like seeing how others setup their tanks, especially those with plants and cichlids

:beer:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Runitis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2011
Winnipeg,MB, Canada
I've kept all juvie agro cichlid with plants and never had them rip the plants but they always knock them out of the substrate and I find them in the filter of floating :/

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store