My dat made a pit?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Ok so I have a divided tank right now, about a 60/40 split which on the smaller side has my needlefish and had my jewels until my buddy picked em up. So I just need to beef up the needle a bit before I take it out

Interesting thing is as the title states my 4 bar made a pit on the divided side.

uploadfromtaptalk1390979887472.jpg

Deep enough to see the silicone, it can't be anything else because I've already smoothed it out since the jewels left and other then my needle no other fish can get to that side, and a lil needlefish isn't digging that big and wide of a pit lol. So why do you guys think this is? He sleeps in it now maybe it was just that? If there was 2 in the tank and they were large and did this I would think breeding behaviour (I know dats arent captive bred, I'm sure someone will figure it out sooner or later) but I know it can't be that

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jdmxluv

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Koreatown
Might be a small posibility but it might be some other reason. If they end up breeding you might be one of the few that actually pulled it off. But my guess is it might be a place where it can hide or its comfortable being there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
^ thats what i figured, neither of mine have ever done it before and ive never heard of it so i was like woah what figured id double check on here. If i somehow see eggs im gonna have a fit trying to figure out a way to fertilize them haha

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Might be a small posibility but it might be some other reason. If they end up breeding you might be one of the few that actually pulled it off. But my guess is it might be a place where it can hide or its comfortable being there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
One of the few? Who are the others you read about? Was there pictures?

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Never said it was, i expressed my doubt it was already. Just seeing if this is a normal dat thing or is he like claiming that side of the barrier idk just wanted thoughts

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Eh, I ruled that out because on the other side of the pit about 6 inches away is the spot where the waterfall from the 110 makes a pit, and on the opposite side of the tank is where the pwer head makes a little pit so theres no current in that area to do such a thing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store