New BD Pup batch Jan 29/14

chen

Candiru
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Canada
got call from kids that BD Mom gave birth..its been captured on my dropcam so i'll get that uploaded later but it all happen at 4:16pm....4 pups, one dead upon birth, the 3 other seems to be doing well...just removed and loaded them into sump. All 3 remaining appears to be all males...all approx. 4" all 3 boys has join big sister in sump...

Big sister at 3 months old in sump with

Video of Live Birth (Sorry for glare since it's during the daylight....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxyQGC34zzs

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
very nice!!!!!!:drool:

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Super cool

I was in suspense with that big aro though... I was scared when he was looking at the pups

What kind of cam you use? Hooked right to your router?

I just looked up drop cam looks pretty cool. Your vid is alot faster motion then my webcams

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Wow very cool! Your aro looked like he was gonna eat them!

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Raymann88

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Very Nice, Congrats Chris! Hard to tell from the video, but the female didn't look that big. Is that they key to getting them to breed - provide TV for them.

chen

Candiru
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Canada
Yeah...this one aro is pretty tame..he was separated from the other 6 from the otherside of the tank...

Vamp: i use a dropcam which is cloud based recording. it allows me to go back 7 days worth of recording...the video is usually great at 720p but since it was daylight the glare off the acrylic isn't the greatest!

Moved to sump with their big sister of 3 months.

Here's the full tank a few days before the birth.

chen

Candiru
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Canada
Super cool

I was in suspense with that big aro though... I was scared when he was looking at the pups

What kind of cam you use? Hooked right to your router?

I just looked up drop cam looks pretty cool. Your vid is alot faster motion then my webcams

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I have 4 dropcams for the house...by far the best webcam out there...steep price to buy at $200 but with only 99/yr on the first and $50/yr on subsquent cameras with 7/24 at 7day recordings it's not much....quality is extremely good..would highly recommend them...you don't need to purchase the recording so live stream is free and only needs wifi...no need for computer or router unless it's a wifi router...

chen

Candiru
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Canada
Very Nice, Congrats Chris! Hard to tell from the video, but the female didn't look that big. Is that they key to getting them to breed - provide TV for them.
It's Chen :) Female is approx. 27" diameter so not small...she's touches the front of the tank with her nose and her tail with the bottom so 36" all in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store