Prazipro for 9 inch FL gar with tapeworm

coonass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
Lake Worth, FL
I have a 220 gallon native community tank with five nine inch wild-caught FL gars, a black crappie, spotted sunfish, warmouths, red ears, bluegills, freshwater prawns, and a greater siren. The tank is unheated and heavily planted. The gars were collected locally in October and appear healthy and happy. I have just begun to ration their feeders (gambusia and mollies) so that they associate me with food. Tonight I observed one of the gars partially expel a large tapeworm while defecating. The worm then retracted into the fish's anus.

For those who have successfully treated gars with Prazipro before, do you have any recommendations for treating this tank? Please help me not kill these beautiful gars!

coonass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2011
Lake Worth, FL
Thanks for the endorsement. I started three days ago with a 1/4 dose, followed by another the next day and another yesterday. Everything seems okay, so I'll finish up with the last 1/4 dose tonight. I just got the gars off of live feeders so I don't have to worry about them picking up any new parasites.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store