Wtf is wrong w/ my aro

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Im sleeping and all i hear is loud banging noise. I go to look to see if my dog knocked down a bucket and, no.

Then i see water on top of my tank and my aro all injured up in the head. I went upstairs and he does it again and spas out.

The house is quiet. I have night light and we are tankmates are peaceful

Wtf is wrong w/ this aro? Hes been skittish since 5", hes now in 180g at 12 inch. I never seen him injured this bad before

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kelman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2009
New York, NY
Is there any red color around the tank? red color can trigger it to jump
check if your PH is 7.0
if your PH is lower than 7.0 than it will likely to jump because oxygen level decrease in lower PH environment
check if your tank is too small in width to make a turn

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
I cant even go near my tank when the lights are out.. All my fish spazzzz. Hope your aro is ok :)

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Maybe your dog is spooking the aro.

check if your PH is 7.0
if your PH is lower than 7.0 than it will likely to jump because oxygen level decrease in lower PH environment
Wow incredible information :screwy:

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
My water parameters are good. I do 30% water change twice a week.

He spas out like crazy & gets spoked easily. I just dont want him to get hurt anymore. Im even afraid to go near tank

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
That's how my leichardi was. Strange with the silver with having plenty of room. Dropping the water a few inches might be a smart idea so he has more clearance space up top till he calms down consistently. Any décor in the tank you could remove to experiment with his overall swimming space?

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Nothing to do with pH/oxygen lol. Arowana are hardy.

Lowering water level actually works but i like topping it off

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Lower the water about 4-5 inches and it will solve the problem from my experience. Even if he will jump then there will be enough room to make sure he wont hurt himself too bad. Its probably a phase and keep the water level lower than usual for a bit until you trust him not to go crazy again. But have you been ignoring him? My jar hated me ignoring her and paired with a lighting storm she lost a ton of scales...

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?561893-The-Life-of-violet-the-jardini/page2

Shes perfectly fine now and water level has been full in the tank since then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store