Which datinoid is considered the best of the best?

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Dont be concerned be concerned w/ how "good" they are (unless its the health of the certain dat) NGTs are awesome, unique among dats and aggressive, Indos can turn into great show specimens and are the most common, STs are at least $1K (yes 1000). They have been banned from exportation from their river of origin so the ones in the US are very very rare and large. Equals big big money.

If you wanted a unique dat, id go for NGT

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It depends on personal preference so you will have to study them and decide which one suits you the best...I happen to like them all but I dislike when they they are not stable,or,if they choose to hide most of the time.The NTT at a near full grown size is hard to beat when it comes to beauty but they are rarely seen these days.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
So which one would get the largest or are they all the same as in max size and which one is the most show quality besides STs because I can't fork out 1grand haha

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well...ST can grow to two feet give or take and probably the others as well but I don't recall seeing any of the others at that size.Bottom line they all can reach an impressive size but are slow growers.At a large size any of them could look impressive or,show quality,as you've mentioned.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Thin Bar = NTT

Wide Bar= ST, CT, or even an IT w/ exceptionally wide bars

If you mean best by market value, ST or CT is what you want. If you don't have 1k$ to drop, a nice 3 bar IT shouldn't cost much more then a normal IT, unless it is of an exceptional grade

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store