Tropheus acting drugged

zie2695

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2013
N/A
So today I did my usual water change on all 7 of my tanks and when I went to put my siphon house away I noticed my heater had become unplugged from what I thought was when I took everything out. Know I think it happened last week, I didn't check the temp of the tank after the water change because my freshwater it's cool and always lowers the temp(and I thought it just came unplugged). Anyway I just got home from work and all my Tropheus that I've raised from .5" to 3.5" for the past 2 years are all messed up, what should I do? The temp is what would normally be there normal temp 78f. Know I think they were adjusted to having no heater for the past week or so. I really don't want to lose them as I've tried very hard with this colony and there my favorite group I have. Please help, thanks oh and they were just fine up until tonight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zie2695

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2013
N/A
All is well this morning, they seem to be back to normal. Even eating again.:D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Andicca

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2012
Plainview NY
Last year I lost power for 16 hrs and the temp went down to low 60s. I remember my tropheus was acting the same way, swimming weird and acting almost drunk. It took about 2 days and he was fine. The only fish I lost were a couple if brichardi.

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

harleyboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2013
saskatoon sk. canada
Now iam not fimilar with this fish but in general if such a thing happens to me which it has more than once I drian 30 percent of tank water and replace with hot treated water or whatever amount you think will bring temp but not too quickly

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store