New to this...

EJKC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2007
Colorado
Around summer I was planning to start a small 40 gallon reef tank. Wanted to add the following stock: 2 clowns, 2 annename, a flame angel, a coral beauty angel, several shrimp, a blenny, and maybe a wrasse. Would this all work out? Or am I still stuck in freshy land?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
The two angels will Prolly fight I would pick one sometimes you can add both at the same time and be ok but it's hit or miss. What kind of shrimp? Wrasse? And you should wait 6-8 months before adding a anemones the tank needs to be mature

noimpact

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
california
I don't know what kind of anemones you are planning, but 40 gallons might get overtaken by some... If I were you I would plan for a single anemone and let it mature before adding a second one. Clowns are temperamental between different variants if the tank is small (e.g. <50gal, so go with a pair and introduce at the same time. Ditto on Angels. Shrimp are precarious... some will eat your corals and may steel food from your eventual anemone (you didn't mention any corals... are you talking a FOWLR tank?).
Wrasse are not on my list of things to do.

-noimpact

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Around summer I was planning to start a small 40 gallon reef tank.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I don't know what kind of anemones you are planning, but 40 gallons might get overtaken by some... If I were you I would plan for a single anemone and let it mature before adding a second one. Clowns are temperamental between different variants if the tank is small (e.g. <50gal, so go with a pair and introduce at the same time. Ditto on Angels. Shrimp are precarious... some will eat your corals and may steel food from your eventual anemone (you didn't mention any corals... are you talking a FOWLR tank?).
Wrasse are not on my list of things to do.

-noimpact
There are plenty of options for this tank.

In my 12 nano cube I had several candy canes, some mushrooms, a pair of oscolarris(sp), a six line wrasse to eat bristle worms, a fire shrimp, and a strawberry crab.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store