clogged co2 check valve

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
My co2 check valve is clogged, is there a way to unclog it until I can get new ones? Maybe soak in vinegar? Has anyone used the dennerle and is it worth the money of should I just get a few brass ones from gla?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
My co2 check valve is clogged, is there a way to unclog it until I can get new ones? Maybe soak in vinegar? Has anyone used the dennerle and is it worth the money of should I just get a few brass ones from gla?
Unless you have some heavy fluid in your bubble counter its not clogged, likely worn out from the gas if its plastic. Hopefully your check valve is after your needle valve! Grab a cheapo petsmart valve for now and you can order a 20$ medical grade valve that supposedly lasts forever!

For tonight maybe crimp the line with a clothspin or clamp of some sort so it can't siphon

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I did have mineral oil in there but switched to water when I hooked up my atomic inline diffuser. The check valve is metsl (housing at least). Bubble counter is after needle valve, not sure why check valve is needed after bubble countet when bubble counter has water (pressure? ). Ordered a dennerle co2 check valve since they have tremedous reviews, will pick up airline check valve tomorrow to hold me over.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
No I said the check valve goes after the needle valve. Cylinder/regulator/solenoid/bubble counter/needle valve/check valve/diffuser or reactor or atomizer. At least that's what I thought.

Since the needle valve is critical to your co2 count getting fluid in it can be costly so the check valves protects the needle valve and regulator (since some don't run a counter) from back siphoning/water damage.

I've pumped water to the needle valve from my bubble counter accidentally having the regulator set way to high and tripping the solenoid and it threw the count off and wouldn't hold steady. Had to take apart the needle valve which was easy and clean it with q tip. Good as new

But yeah some bubble counters prevent back siphoning unless you run your needle valve after your counter like me. I don't think it matters but it was just easier for me to configure it to my setup that way.

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
No I said the check valve goes after the needle valve. Cylinder/regulator/solenoid/bubble counter/needle valve/check valve/diffuser or reactor or atomizer. At least that's what I thought.

Since the needle valve is critical to your co2 count getting fluid in it can be costly so the check valves protects the needle valve and regulator (since some don't run a counter) from back siphoning/water damage.

I've pumped water to the needle valve from my bubble counter accidentally having the regulator set way to high and tripping the solenoid and it threw the count off and wouldn't hold steady. Had to take apart the needle valve which was easy and clean it with q tip. Good as new

But yeah some bubble counters prevent back siphoning unless you run your needle valve after your counter like me. I don't think it matters but it was just easier for me to configure it to my setup that way.

If your needle valve is after the counter what are you counting? The needle is supposed to fine tune your co2 and the counter lets you visualize the rate with the counter before the needle isn't the counter just showing whether the solenoid is open or closed?

With 8" of snow and me being a tad drinky before noticing the valve issue I but a binder clip on the line when the timer went off last night and heading off to lfs once it opens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store