Plant light question

Brazzen1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2013
Chickasaw Nation
Hello everyone, I am using a 7000K plant light (bought a fixture at walmart for $10) and love the way it looks. My fish and plants seem more vibrant than with any other light that I've used. I do have one concern though, it looks awfully dim, is this ok for the plants/fish. Should I add another light, I did have a regular fluorescent but using both together washed out the colors and the fish didn't seem to like it as much. BTW it is a 29 gallon with anacharis, Java fern, a banana plant with no leaves, a few strands of Java moss and a melon sword. I use Flourish Comprehensive 2x per week with no CO2.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
Fish don't really care about the type of lighting used. As for the plants, if they are growing then the light is sufficient. If not, add another light.

Reactions: J. H.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Fish don't really care about the type of lighting used. As for the plants, if they are growing then the light is sufficient. If not, add another light.
+1 you could try getting a dual t-5 light or a quad t-5 light strip. Aquatraders.com sells some decent ones for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store