Excel OD

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
I did an extremely stupid thing today. I over dosed my excel. Instead of my daily 10 ml dose I dumped probably 300 ml in my 125 gallon and did not realize it until the loss of a snowball pleco, false zebra pleco, multiple snails, gray poly, and hopefully no more.
I am looking for suggestions on what to do. I am open to anything and I know one number one will be w/c and number two will be BB.
Here's issue number two is usually take two days to condition RO/DI water for my freshwater tank.
I am currently conditioning tap water for my tank and I am nervous. I ran my tap water through two carbon blocks and currently dosed 6ml of prime for my 45 gallon drum, I have a quite one 2200 circulating the water along with a 1200 power jet power head with a large air stone.
I plan on doing this and matching the PH and temp over the next couple hours.
Will I be ok?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware

TheNewSeverum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2011
Winter Springs
I am really hoping the 300 is a typo and you meant 30.. because there's no possible way you could dump 300ml of medication into your aquarium and not know. Even if you weren't paying attention. Not flaming or anything.

I would recommend water changes out the bum. That and the mixture of the carbon in the filter should hopefully get rid of most of it.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Yup wc and carbon. Excel is some poisonous stuff, ive seen the cloud from a couple drops kill fish. Wish you luck

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
No typos. My best guess of the dose is anywhere between 10ml to 300ml. The picture is after two w/c of 40 gallons. I don't normally use carbon so I went out and got some.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1391463132.742204.jpg

TheNewSeverum

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2011
Winter Springs
300ml, from the conversion I did is over a cup. I am sorry but the logic doesnt add up. I wish you the best of luck. Hope everyone else makes it.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Do a large 75% water change and then 25% tomorrow should help. Leave the water level a little low to increase agatation at the surface.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
300ml, from the conversion I did is over a cup. I am sorry but the logic doesnt add up. I wish you the best of luck. Hope everyone else makes it.
I thought I was being cleaver hooking a vacuum pump to a digital timer. The pump was supposed to be on for six minutes and dose 10ml.
I did test runs on this set up for a week and re set the timer so it would come on 45 minutes after my HO lights. When I re set the timer to come on at 11am and off at 11:06am I made a mistake and the off time was 11:06pm. Whatever was left in the excel bottle was put in the tank.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
Do a large 75% water change and then 25% tomorrow should help. Leave the water level a little low to increase agatation at the surface.
I am up on my w/c and adding carbon in my canister.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
Last night when I got home from work I found two more dead fish. In the past 48 hours I have replaced est. 160 gallons+. My lights are currently off for day two, all my plants are melting but my main concern is the fish.
I have been contact with a seachem rep and they recommended carbon in the filter, BB(actually seachem stability), lights off, and large w/c. The OD effect on the fish will burn the eyes and skin of the fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store