URGENT!!! Mysterious disease, symptoms like clockwork.

Master Wilkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Vancouver B.C.
My parameters are -

Ph 6.5
ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5

I do weekly 25-30% water changes.

I have had clarias cats in the past with no issues with anything until a camallanus outbreak and resulting fallout issues killed everything in my tank. Since then the same thing has been happening.

Whenever I get clarias batrachus, after 4 days the barbells start to curl and they lose appetite. Not long after that they develop fungus on random parts of their body, lose almost all energy, and slowly die.

I have had this with other fish as well, but chalked it up to low ph. I have since upped the ph and have had no problems until my new baby clarias cats. I have 5 4-5" cichla, 1 5" I'd shark, 1 5" ripsaw cat, and 1 7" Senegal bichir all in my 225g tank with the clarias cats.

Please help, I don't know what is happening, I have tried everything that I can think of, and I am on day 4 with these babies. I have just put in some ph neutral to bring it up the 0.5 to 7. From past experience I don't have much time left.

Heyguy74

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Jackson, NJ
Do you mean Callamanus, as in a parasitic worm or columnaris a bacterial infection? Have you treated with any meds?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Did you treat with copper ? If so, that's why.

I have a 75 that sits empty, just because of that - no matter how long ago, I can't have a catfish in there anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store