Question

Pbaff

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
SW Missouri
Duck weed
This is very true, but I don't know if you want to add duck weed to your tank. It has taken me forever to get rid of it. Frogbit is a much nicer floater and grows quickly.

As to the op's question, it depends on your tank. Dwarf hairgrass spreads like the plauge once it is established under good conditions. So does Dwarf Sagattaria. Ludwigia grows fast as well and is a very good easy to grow plant. It is a water column feeder but you can take cuttings and plant them around the tank if you want.

reptileguy112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I a couple good choices are dwarf baby tears and java moss.Java moss is a lot better with co2 but baby tears don't need it.Also microsword is a good choise these are all fore ground plants good fr carpet plants which are very beautiful.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ i think you must be thinking of another plant other than dwarf baby tears, since that is one carpeting plant that is notoriously difficult to grow unless given ample pressurized Co2, high light and good fert dosing...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

hanwyz

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
United Kingdom
My dwarf baby tears shriveled up and died without co2 (pressurised) I really don't recommend it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
My dwarf baby tears shriveled up and died without co2 (pressurised) I really don't recommend it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I had a similar experience, except it was the warm summer weather that killed my plant during my first foray into baby tears...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store