A little help on the gulf side of FL

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Umm, the stingrays are SUPER easy. Any cut bait on the bottom in the gulf or bay would most certainly catch you a ray.

Look for bonnetheads on the grass flats in the spring. I see them all of the time wading, theyll come right up to you. They too will eat pretty much anything but toss em a little crab or large shrimp on a circle hook with a little trace of wire and youre golden.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I know, Im not too far to the west of you. Hell, last Friday, Santa Rosa Sound was a stupid cold 46 degrees!! Most everything is well offshore right now. Another month and a half or so and it should be on. By late March when Im on the flats is when I really see the bonnetheads.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Then what do you fish for? Redfish? Never went out on flats before, mainly have been pier fishing.
Redfish and trout. Occasionally will see black drum, spanish mackerel and pompano. I mainly kayak fish offshore now and run charters from Pensacola to Destin.

yea st pete, we have a power plant that releases warm water into tampa bay on the flats. plenty of rays
St Pete is a hell of a drive from PCB!

If you're looking for bonnets, just find the blue crabs and the bonnets will be there.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Well there are tons and tons of blue crabs so that can be a little vague.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store