Datnoids with Cichlids

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
I see... hmmm... for a 5 inch datnoid, with a 2 inch cichlid with a wide body like a sev or uaru... would the datnoid be able to eat it? And are there cichlids that should not be kept with datnoids at all costs?

strollo22

Siamese Tiger
MFK Member
May 21, 2012
Datnoid Island
If it fits in there mouth, they might try. It's tough to say but not likely with a Sev or Uaru. It's hit or miss when it comes to aggression. Depends on the species and the fish.Dats are not usually aggressive or territorial unless it's with other dats while some Cichlids can be very territorial.

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
I see. So technically it is possible. Just dont keep it wif fish rainbowfish or barbs of that same size, around 2 inches due to their body shape?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I see... hmmm... for a 5 inch datnoid, with a 2 inch cichlid with a wide body like a sev or uaru... would the datnoid be able to eat it? And are there cichlids that should not be kept with datnoids at all costs?
I had a tiger with uaru before they don't get along

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vr6fan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2010
Waukesha, WI
I have an ntt dat and 2 indos (6 inches ) in my 180 with uaru and assorted geos with no aggression whatsoever ( except for the dats fighting each other a bit lol)

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
Depends on your datnoid. If its the dominate Fish in the tank chances are good it will try to eat or attack any fish introduce into tank. If its mellow youll just have to mentor it, mines would attack at night withthe light outs. if you hear popping feeding sounds better check your fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store