Great Lakesmen!

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
Post the biggest fish youve seen coming out of the nearest great lake to you! (Huron Ontario Michigan Erie) trying to find it now but a 12 foot lake sturgeon was caught down in the ohio area of Erie

My personal biggest was when i was like 15 and nobody had cameras yet so no pics (wish i had a pic lol) caught a huge gar, we measured it and weighed it and it was 28 inch and about 12-15 lbs if i remember correctly. I assume it was a longnose, ive never seen shorts or spotteds around here

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
ive seen in a dead 8 foot long sturgeon washed up against the rocks while white bass fishing in the Detroit River

Cod

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
Michigan
Also when i was little, i caught 2 footer gars and spawning carps (didnt know it was illegal) with my hands around saginaw bay in Lake Huron, was decent, i didnt know it could be so easy as well. My late father took videos w/ an old cam recorder, idk where it is now

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Also when i was little, i caught 2 footer gars and spawning carps (didnt know it was illegal) with my hands around saginaw bay in Lake Huron, was decent, i didnt know it could be so easy as well. My late father took videos w/ an old cam recorder, idk where it is now
How u catch fish with ur hands?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
I caught a 17lb brown trout in Lake Ontario... lol, that count?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store