Ray tankmates

Sams0n

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Wanderland
Anyone keep flagtail aka feifeng in the same tank as their rays? Ive heard not to but have seen it done before. Is it worth the risk to put them together?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
I have a 12+ inch flagtail with my henlei ray pair and other tankmates with zero issues yet. Very passive fish and does a great job cleaning up the mess the rays leave behind after eating. I love this particular fish and dont get why so many people see them as problematic unless i just landed a good one.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
I have a 12+ inch flagtail with my henlei ray pair and other tankmates with zero issues yet. Very passive fish and does a great job cleaning up the mess the rays leave behind after eating. I love this particular fish and dont get why so many people see them as problematic unless i just landed a good one.
This is the thing they can be fine for years then just turn and do real damage over night

I had a 12" for 3 years with no issues when it hit 14" it turned mad sucking on aros and rays

It's not worth the risk in my opinion

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
This is the thing they can be fine for years then just turn and do real damage over night

I had a 12" for 3 years with no issues when it hit 14" it turned mad sucking on aros and rays

It's not worth the risk in my opinion

I had something similar... fine for about a year then at 9 inches started sucking everything!

Anthony070

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2013
Netherlands
+1 . I also have one with my ray pups, awsome fish and beautiful colors! :)

Wanna Arowana

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Middle East
not worth the risk!!!
i just finished moving my 4 Banded Leporinus into my spare tank after i noticed them collectively bullying & nipping my 2 leos!!!
the tail ends have been nipped off, hope it isnt gonna result in anything drastic; hope it heels fast!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store