ID my crab ?

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
hello, this is my crab have two of them, the other one is still very small and always hides under the rocks or sand.
i nver know what species of crab is this, i found him in my pond lol.
crab1.JPG

crab1.JPG

crab2.JPG

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
not sure. nver seen them eat one before in throughout my experience of keeping crabs. i think i had him about two months now. there are guppies, some barbs, a crayfish and some midas fries in the tank with him. he always scared my crayfish off. lol
crayfish and crab.JPG

crayfish and crab.JPG

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
yea just asking because i would love to add some crab and crayfish but i am scared they will eat my jewel fish

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
no worries. just provides lots of hiding places for them. it's fun to have a complete ecosystem in one tank, tht includes snails, crabs, fish, live plants. really fun to watch them, sometimes my snail lays eggs on top of my tank but i always throw them away. hahah

ascarbo27

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
tampa fl
yea i am just really getting into this hobby. so i don't really know what fish do and do not go together. thanks for the info

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
not a rainbow crab. it's not so colorful as u see in the pic. his body is all brown and only his claws are becoming more red. now about almost 3".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store