Adding Sharks?

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Right now I have 5 coral catsharks eggs in a 50 gallon tank hooked up to my 90 reef. Here is a picture of my other coral catshark.

Do I have to worry about my current catshark eating the babies if they are to small?

I plan on keeping one of the sharks and giving the others away as soon as they are eating.

If I have to worry about the babies getting eaten will the 50 be large enought to grow a couple out before putting them into the 220? Or do I have to make plans for another growout tank?

What size should they be before I add them?

The potential baby killer. He doesn't bother the damsel or clown in his tank.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Thanks for the response. Will they be able go grow to the proper size in the 50 gallon. If not I am going to order a 100 gallon bin.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
About 15in and very slender. There is a ruler under the container and shark in the picture. I will order the Rubbermaid, set it up and just wait it out. Thanks.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
About 15in and very slender. There is a ruler under the container and shark in the picture. I will order the Rubbermaid, set it up and just wait it out. Thanks.
Ya sorry. I saw that but since I'm on my phone, pics loaded on photo bucket is really annoying so I couldn't really see the size.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TNTtropical

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
ABC
Yes better be safe than sorry, i would let the pumps grow up a little bit first before putting them all together

Riley S

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2014
Minneapolis
Thanks for the response. Will they be able go grow to the proper size in the 50 gallon. If not I am going to order a 100 gallon bin.
That should be fine for a grow out. They are going to be about 4" when they hatch, so you'll have some time before one gets big enough to go into the larger tank. One other thing to keep in mind is you'll also want the grow out tank to make sure the pups get enough food. It's easier to do that when they're in a tank by themselves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store