Dwarf Hair Grass

titustitus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Singapore
Hi guys,

I got a question regarding glosso and dwarf hair grass. Will they still spread if i wrap them together with cotton before planting them into the soil? My LFS always wrap cotton around them and it also makes it easier to plant them into the soil.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
In stores they keep them wrapped most likely for easy selling, for planting purposes i would break them up into patches and plant it that way...

They will eventually spread and fill out any open areas they can reach given they have all they need nutrient and light wise...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pbaff

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
SW Missouri
When I got my hairgrass I was told to take the cotton stuff off, so I did. I split mine up and spread it out as much as possible and it seemed to fill in quite nicely.

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Its actually rock wool thats spun from molten rock and takes a long time to break down, some keep it because it keeps plants sunk and planted but most take it off because it can mess with PH!

Certain lfs plants have these to protect roots from light while storing moisture and nutrients so the plant doesn't die as quickly!

I'd go ahead and take it off because when and if you replant it will become a mess when you pull it out of substrate!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store