can i put red swamp lobster with electric blue ??

Jreeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2013
Jordan
hey guys !! some of you know i have a pair of electric blue lobsters the male is 20cm the femal is 10cm
and they have babys in the tank 1 week old !!

now some guys want to give me another pair of lobsters and they have eggs to they are red swamp lobster so any Trouble may happen ??

the new guys are small they are 8cm long but with eggs !!

the tank is 120*50*40cm ( 240liter 66g )

any problems ?? tank have alot of hiding places

jagadeesh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
INDIA>Tamil Nadu>Erode
basically cichlid r very aggressive type of fish. when other type of fish come into it's territorial it will become more aggressive. in your case u r telling that it having babes, the fish will try to protect the baby from other it will be more aggressive. U better have a separate tank for u red swamp lobster. when u put u lobster in cichlid tank there will be a lot of stress between the fish.
show some foto of u tank and the fish

Jreeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2013
Jordan
what fish !! there is no fish the tank is for lobsters only !!

and cmon dude the babys are live with there own they left there mother the moment when the get off from her tail so the lobsters doesn't protect there babys they live by there own

japbart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2012
Los Angeles
basically cichlid r very aggressive type of fish. when other type of fish come into it's territorial it will become more aggressive. in your case u r telling that it having babes, the fish will try to protect the baby from other it will be more aggressive. U better have a separate tank for u red swamp lobster. when u put u lobster in cichlid tank there will be a lot of stress between the fish.
show some foto of u tank and the fish
OP meant electric blue lobster. Not the cichlid.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brown_snake

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2013
Australia
Given the highly aggressive and predatory nature of the red swamp crayfish, it is very possible that they will try to attack and eat your blue lobsters, adults and infants alike.

brown_snake

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2013
Australia
I'm afraid that they don't stay 8 cm for long. Mine is no less than 6 inches long and reached its max size in three weeks. Once those red swamp crayfish reach maturity, your blue lobsters will become tasty snacks for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store