Is it safe to add fish?

SkeptikalScabies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
I've had a 2.5 gallon saltwater tank set up for two weeks now, my ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels seem solid, and my salt gravity is between 1.025 and 1.026. The little critters that came with my live rock appear to be multiplying, the heater keeps the tank at 75 degrees, I have a small betta filter meant for a 6 gallon that provides a fair amount of water movement, and the filter cartridges it takes contains filter floss, activated carbon, and ammonia removers. the "dead" base rock i bought is starting to turn the same color as my live rock, is there anything else i should look for before i add fish? the lady at the lfs recommended a striped blenny and maybe a hermit crab. At some point I would like to add corals.
image (5).jpegimage (6).jpegimage (7).jpegimage (8).jpegimage (9).jpegimage (10).jpegimage (11).jpeg

image (5).jpeg

image (6).jpeg

image (7).jpeg

image (8).jpeg

image (9).jpeg

image (10).jpeg

image (11).jpeg

SkeptikalScabies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
yes, I'm well aware of the difficulties of such a small marine tank. I wouldn't have spent the money on it without researching it first, that would be dumb. But i'm not seeing a lot of the physical changes in the tank, mostly diatoms. I know diatom algae is not really a good thing but the lack of it makes me uneasy, it seems everybody gets it during setup yet I have none. In fact, i'm only seeing "good" things increasing in number. I might be jumping at ghosts here but it makes me uneasy. Anything I should be looking for? like I said, all my ammonia and nitrite levels are practically non existent, there is very little nitrate, the ph is good, the salinity is good. I cant think of anything else I need to look for. The staff at the lfs recommended I wait 2 weeks, its now been even longer.

JASamper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2012
California
If you did your research why are you asking when you should put in your fish? Research on how to properly cycle a tank with live rock.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
You should get a nano skimmer. did you add bacteria? If not it can take 6-8 weeks

SkeptikalScabies

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
I only ask because I tend to forget minor details and I'm hoping someone will help point any out that I might have missed. Anyway, I decided to get a little hermit crab, so far he seems happy. Anyway, I'll give it a month before I consider anything else.

Fishysweet

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
No its not to small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store