Sick Clown Knife Please Help

ABigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
Hello, I am new to this forum and I was looking for a little help. I have a cycled 55g tank amonnia nitrites 0 nitrates 30ppm and my clown knife who is 4"-5" is staying towards the top of the tank in the corner. He eats bloodworms when I feed and he flashes off of objects in the tank. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
Hello, I am new to this forum and I was looking for a little help. I have a cycled 55g tank amonnia nitrites 0 nitrates 30ppm and my clown knife who is 4"-5" is staying towards the top of the tank in the corner. He eats bloodworms when I feed and he flashes off of objects in the tank. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Clown knives usually flash objects...mine has done it since he was yours size and he still does it at 18". As long as he is eating he is probably fine. Baby clown knives are shy sometimes. How long ago did you get him? I would say he is just being shy. Make sure to have plenty of hiding places.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ABigFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2014
Ohio
I've had him a day over two weeks and at first he used to hide in a terracotta pot in the tank but now he chooses to stay at the top corner at the surface of the water. He just recently started this behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store