Your preferred method of co2 dissolution?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Method of dissolution+tank size+high/med/low tech+co2 levels and stocking?

I run a 2" diameter x 15" long pvc rexx grigg reactor plumbed into a xp3, 40b, high tech, still tweaking bps and moderately stocked.

I don't see any bubbles apart from a few pin needle sized, compared to a diffuser its incredibly more efficient!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title× <GET BETTER SCHUMI>

jstehman

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2012
Omaha, NE
I am trying to set up Rex reactor 2"x30" with a Mag 7 to see if I can get better faster dissolve.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
I liked my ista until it got too noisy. Replaced the ista with a gla inline but its defective so I'm not sure if I like it yet. One day when I have time I'm going to build a rex grigg reactor, probably in summer when illegal need to clean the gla, never head anything negative about them.

MyGiants

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
North American Region
stores.ebay.com
I've tried all the types of diffusers on the market. Even made my own reactor diffusers. The type I use now is a inline Atomizer from my canister. I takes high pressure to run it. You need threaded connectors for all the hoses even the one-way valve needs threaded connectors or it will blow the hoses off connection. This Atomizer has a membrane that co2 can only pass it under high pressure. The co2 that goes through it is so fine you can hardly see it. It looks like white haze in the water.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ what brand is that atomizer, looks interesting...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bbortko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
Northwest, Indiana
Got my gla inline diffuser up and running and I really like it. Running at half the bps ss my ista to reach the same saturation per my drop checker and none of the noise. On a side note gla has been one of the easiest/best companies I've ever dealt with from a custom service aspect.

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Second the atomic used it for years best I have used. Best part is no big diffuser in the tank.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store