New shark pics

jaybayless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Indiana
Here are some new pictures of the sharks and their tankmates, I think these are the first one's since I got a dslr. They should look better than the phone pictures.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Gorgeous sharks.I don't recall the names but those species were never available when I was into salt a few years ago...I have only seen them in my books.

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Great looking shark. There was an article on reefs.com about how they are bioflouresent. It was only a few weeks ago so it should be on top of the list. I am pretty sure I read another one of your threads. I remember the goby. Its good to see he didn't get eaten.

jaybayless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Indiana
nice chain cat sharks running a chiller?
Yeah. I use a 1/3 or 1/4 HP jbj chiller (I forget which it is) to keep them at 62°. The chiller turns on maybe once every two hours for about 5 mins. My basement stays about 65° year-round; my electricity costs have been minimal with it.

jaybayless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Indiana

Thats the only FTS I have taken. They do not turn out well. I'm still tweaking settings for LED photos. This is the newest photo of my large female. She is about 16 inches long now.

Good looking sharks! How active are these little guys?
During the day they are not very active. At night they spend most of the night swimming. If they notice me in the room the become very active regardless of what time of day it is.

jaybayless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Indiana
Here is a new video, primarily of the male shark taking a daytime swim.

[video=youtube_share;AQQGOkkkERU]http://youtu.be/AQQGOkkkERU[/video]

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Great looking sharks. Where did you get them from?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store